The community area has over 7kms of the Mooi River meandering through this tribal land which is home to wild spawned brown trout. The Thendela stretch is relatively high up in the system, the source being in the mKomazi Nature Reserve bordering the Mountainous Kingdom of Lesotho.
This section offers community managed river beats and local fishing guides. Access is easy for bank fishing or river wading amidst the primitive huts and local Nguni cows. Water clarity can be clear most of the time whilst fish take cover in the undercuts and deeper runs. There are dedicated parking areas and no fishing is allowed without the yellow permit ticket @ R160 per day per rod (non- guided)
** DAY TICKET BOOKING ph or whatsapp Hlengiwe 078 050 1002 **
- Establish beat availability & reserve beat
- make payment into KZNFFA Acc * Standard Bank, Acc no 353660337. Please Refr TNDL ROD Your Name*
- whatsapp payment confirmation to Hlengiwe
- Receive whatsapp return copy of yellow permit
- Submit catch returns to Hlengiwe via whatsapp